If you would like to study in University College London, United Kingdom and pursue Full Time Research Program in any Subject you can avail 30 UCL-ORS Awards Program which is being offered by the University College London.
This is a Research Program Merit Based scholarship and students are eligible from International Students to apply for the same. Only 30 such awards are being offered and the deadline for application is 06-Jan-17.
This Scholarship will offer you:-
- Approximately 30 UCL-ORS awards are available annually.
- Awards consist of fee funding to cover the difference between Overseas and UK/EU tuition fees.
- UCL-ORS recipients who do not have any other fee funding will receive additional UCL funding to cover remaining tuition fees for the duration of the UCL-ORS award.
- The award does not cover the Additional Fee Element (AFE) of your programme (if applicable), unless you are also awarded a UCL GRS award.
- Awards are tenable for years 1, 2, and 3 of a full-time MPhil/PhD/EngD degree programme (or years 1 to 5 of a part-time programme), subject to annual review and renewal. for Complete Course Duration.
Scholarships Times is pleased to provide you with the following information which has been updated recently:
|Name of Scholarships:||30 UCL-ORS Awards Program|
|Scholarship is offered by:||the University College London|
|Duration of Reward / Grant:||Complete Course Duration|
|Education Field:||any Subject|
|Education Level:||Research Program|
|Based on:||Merit Based|
|Scholarship is open for:||University College London, United Kingdom|
|Students are eligible from:||International Students|
|Number of Awards / Scholarships:||30|
|Important Dates:||Open Date: Not Available
Last Date: 06-Jan-17
While current students may apply, those entering their third year of research will normally only be considered for funding in exceptional circumstances.
|Important Information:||Contact eMail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Notes from Scholarships Times Advisory:
To apply for the above scholarship / award / grant you should submit the following documents and should possess the following:
Information for Students: In order to apply for a ORS, you must complete the following steps:-
Step 1 – Apply for admission to UCL
**The following instructions apply to prospective students. For current students, your original admission application will be used as your scholarship application. If the below information in Step 1 was not included in your admission application, please send this information to your department along with the documents from Step 2.
Applicants must submit a complete application for admission onto a research degree programme by the specified deadline. Your application for admission will also be used as your scholarship application. Please see below for guidance on information to include in your admission application if you wish to be considered for an ORS:*
- CV – Please include a list of all publications, past/current prizes, awards and scholarships on your CV.
- Referees – One reference should relate to your most recently completed university programme/degree (or the one you intend to complete, if applicable).
- Academic transcripts – Please ensure that each academic transcript submitted includes clarification on the grading scale/range of grades possible for that degree.
**If you submitted your application for admission prior to applying for an ORS and have not included all of the required information in your admission application (e.g. details of your prizes on your CV), please submit this data to your department as part of Step 2 (below) along with your research proposal and research supervisor reference. Please use the Reference Form if needed.
Step 2 – Submit additional Documents to your Department
After applying for admission, applicants must then contact their academic department to notify them that they would like to be considered for an ORS and must submit the following documents to them:
- A lay summary of their research proposal, on a Word or Pdf document (maximum 200 words). When writing your research proposal/outline please note that the selection panel members are not likely to be specialists in your subject. Please describe clearly – in language which can be understood by academics from any discipline – the aim of your research, the methodology you will use and the potential significance of this study to your discipline. It is extremely important that you pay attention to this summary and write in as clear language as possible as it may significantly affect the outcome of your application. The proposal should be written by you, not your supervisor or any other academic department staff.
- Applicants must also submit an additional reference for which the template can be downloaded. This reference should relate to your current or intended research programme/project, for which you are seeking funding. This reference MUST be provided by your research supervisor at UCL. If you are a prospective student and your supervisor has not yet been allocated, please contact your department to discuss other ways of meeting this requirement. We have prepared information that may be helpful for your referee, the UCL Guidance for Referees. We suggest you provide your referee with a copy of this document when asking for an academic reference.
- All application materials should be sent to the relevant academic department/institute/division/unit. Please check with the administrative staff in your departmental office for details of who to send your application to.
All applicants for the UCL Overseas Research Scholarships (ORS) will automatically be considered for a UCL Graduate Research Scholarships (GRS) and, if applicable, the UCL-CSC (China Scholarships Council) Scholarships.
Applicants must apply for admission and submit the additional information to your department no later than January 6, 2017.Please be aware that some academic departments set their own deadlines which may be earlier than this date, so make sure you check with them directly.
Once all the information has been received by the University College London and the assessment of the submitted documents is complete, you will be informed about your selection in the same.
If you are looking for more information about 30 UCL-ORS Awards Program you are requested to visit the following page: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/scholarships/graduate/overs-res/ors
Scholarships Times would like you to rate the above scholarship and leave a comment below if you have any query or doubts.