If you would like to study in Harvard University, United States and pursue Full Time Post-doctoral Training Program in Population and Development you can avail Postdoctoral Fellowships Program which is being offered by the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies (HCPDS).
This is a Post-doctoral Training Program Merit Based scholarship and students are eligible from National and International Students to apply for the same. Only Few such award is being offered and the deadline for application is 09-Dec-16.
This Scholarship will offer you fellows have access to the full range of resources offered by Harvard University and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Each fellow is provided with shared office space at the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies in Harvard Square, Cambridge, plus library privileges, health benefits, a research and travel budget, and a stipend of $60,000 U.S. dollars per year (12 month appointment) for 01 or 02 Year.
Scholarships Times is pleased to provide you with the following information which has been updated recently:
|Name of Scholarships:||Postdoctoral Fellowships Program|
|Scholarship is offered by:||the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies (HCPDS)|
|Scholarship Offers:||Fellows have access to the full range of resources offered by Harvard University and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Each fellow is provided with shared office space at the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies in Harvard Square, Cambridge, plus library privileges, health benefits, a research and travel budget, and a stipend of $60,000 U.S. dollars per year (12 month appointment).|
|Duration of Reward / Grant:||01 or 02 Year|
|Education Field:||Population and Development|
|Education Level:||Post-doctoral Training Program|
|Based on:||Merit Based|
|Scholarship is open for:||Harvard University, United States|
|Students are eligible from:||National and International Students|
|Number of Awards / Scholarships:||Few|
|Important Dates:||Open Date: Not Available
Last Date: 09-Dec-16
|Eligibility:||Selected candidates possess a strong record of academic training, proven research experience, a commitment to population and development work, the demonstrated ability to work independently, and leadership potential.|
|Important Information:||Contact eMail Id: email@example.com|
Notes from Scholarships Times Advisory:
To apply for the above scholarship / award / grant you should submit the following documents and should possess the following:
All application materials should be emailed to popcenter-at-hsph.harvard.edu. Please note that all application materials must be submitted electronically as individual PDF files (i.e. CV as one PDF document, research proposal as a second PDF document, etc.) Your submission should include:-
- Curriculum Vitae
- PDFs of all transcripts from college and any graduate schools attended. You must have completed all doctoral requirements prior to starting the program on Sept 1, 2017 (see #7 below).
- Research Proposal. No more than 2,000 words addressing the following questions:-
- – Describe your dissertation or other current research.
- – What questions are you interested in addressing as a Bell Fellow? How will this build on your work to date, fill gaps in your current knowledge, and change your career trajectory?
- – Describe your current methodological and analytical skills, and what advanced training you would hope to achieve in this area.
- – Describe which Pop Center faculty you would be interested in collaborating with and whether you would be interested in a one or two year fellowship and why. Note that you do not have to contact them prior to applying for the fellowship.
A writing sample that demonstrates the applicant’s writing and analytical skills, as well as the ability to generate interesting and original ideas. This can be a published article or a draft publication. The page limit to the writing sample is 20 pages. If you submit more, only the first 20 pages will be accepted.
Your current contact information including mailing address and phone number(s).
Three letters of recommendation, emailed directly from the recommender and, if possible, on letterhead. Letter writers should provide the following information:-
- – How long he/she has known the applicant
- – Relationship to the applicant (e.g. advisor)
- – Quantitative ranking of this candidate compared to others (e.g. top 10%)
In addition, the letter should comment on the applicant’s:-
- – Writing skills
- – Analytical skills
- – Ability to form new and creative ideas and research questions
- – Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment
All incoming scholars must provide proof that they have completed all doctoral requirements by the time of entry into the program (September 1, 2017). The following forms will be accepted 1) Copy of Diploma (Preferred); 2) Letter from Registrar’s Office noting that all doctoral requirements have been completed; or 3) Letter from chair of thesis committee noting that all doctoral requirements have been completed. Those with M.D.s and J.D.s are also eligible to apply.
Once all the information has been received by the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies (HCPDS) and the assessment of the submitted documents is complete, you will be informed about your selection in the same.
If you are looking for more information about Postdoctoral Fellowships Program you are requested to visit the following page: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/population-development/postdoctoral-fellowships/bell-fellowship/
Scholarships Times would like you to rate the above scholarship and leave a comment below if you have any query or doubts.