If you would like to study in Universities of South Africa, South Africa and pursue Full Time Doctoral Program in Humanities and Social Sciences you can avail 2017 Doctoral Scholarships which is being offered by the National Institute for the Humanities and Social Sciences (NIHSS) has partnered with the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA).
This is a Doctoral Program Merit Based Scholarship and students are eligible from International Students (Non-South African Students (based in any African Country)) to apply for the same. Only Few such award is being offered and the deadline for application is 30 September 2016.
This Scholarship will offer you R132 000 per annum for 03 Years.
Scholarships Time s is pleased to provide you with the following information which has been updated recently:
|Name of Scholarships:||2017 Doctoral Scholarships|
|Scholarship is offered by:||the National Institute for the Humanities and Social Sciences (NIHSS) has partnered with the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA)|
|Scholarship Offers:||The value of the scholarship award is R132 000 per annum|
|Duration of Reward / Grant:||03 Years|
|Education Field:||Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Education Level:||Doctoral Program|
|Based on:||Merit Based|
|Scholarship is open for:||Universities of South Africa, South Africa|
|Students are eligible from:||International Students (Non-South African Students (based in any African Country))|
|Number of Awards / Scholarships:||Few|
|Important Dates:||Open Date: Not Available
Last Date: 30 September 2016
|Important Information:||Contact eMail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Notes from Scholarships Time s Advisory:
To apply for the above scholarship / award / grant you should submit the following documents and should possess the following:
Candidates should submit the following documentation for application:-
- Online application form
- Letter of confirmation by the prospective department or supervisor that you will be admitted to the participating university for registration for PhD study.
- A motivation letter (not longer than one A4 page – 500 words).
- A recent intellectual autobiography: a narrative of the major influences in your intellectual life (not longer than one A4 page – 500 words).
- A research proposal outlining the problem statement, methodology, feasibility of your study and the contribution it will make to the body of knowledge in the particular field of study.
- A certified copy of full academic transcript/s.
- A certified copy of passport.
- Sample copies of your best writing, e.g. a chapter from your Master’s study or any published academic work.
- Two letters of recommendation from academics who are familiar with your work, of which one must be the supervisor of your Master’s thesis.
Once all the information has been received by the National Institute for the Humanities and Social Sciences (NIHSS) has partnered with the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) and the assessment of the submitted documents is complete, you will be informed about your selection in the same.
If you are looking for more information about 2017 Doctoral Scholarships you are requested to visit the following page: http://www.nihss.ac.za/content/latest/call-phddoctoral-scholarships
Scholarships Time s would like you to rate the above scholarship and leave a comment below if you have any query or doubts.