About Scholarship: Applications are invited for awarding scholarship for the year 2013-14 under “Swami Vivekananda West Bengal Government Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme” introduced for providing financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students of West Bengal pursuing higher studies. The students of Post-Madhyamik levels in regular courses who are domiciled in West Bengal and studying in one of the educational institutions of this state after passing out from the State Board / Council of Secondary / Higher Secondary Education and Madrasah Siksha Parishad or a University of West Bengal, set up by State Act, whose annual family income is Rs. 80,000/- or less may apply for this scholarship.
Scholarships Times is happy to provide information about Swami Vivekananda West Bengal Government Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme for year 2013-2014 of Rs. 500-1400/Month each which can be received to study in India and students from India are eligible to apply.
This scholarship is being offered for Higher Secondary/Diploma/Under Graduate / Post Graduate level program in any Course at Registered colleges/Universities.
In order to apply for this scholarship you need to fulfill the following criteria:-
- For Scholarships at Higher Secondary level: At least 75% in aggregate in Madhyamik Pariksha or its equivalent as stated above excluding optional elective subjects. Students who are enrolled in Class XI on passing Madhyamik Pariksha or its equivalent examination
in 2013 will be eligible to apply.
- For the Under Graduate level scholarships: Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks, consisting of two language subjects and three best elective subjects. Students who are enrolled in the first year of Under Graduate Course after passing the H.S.
- For scholarships at Diploma (Polytechnic) level: Students who are enrolled after passing-out in Secondary (M.P.) Examination or its equivalent as stated above in 2013 for first year Diploma (Polytechnic) course [H.S. Examination or its equivalent for Diploma in Pharmacy or Modern office practice & Management of 2 year duration] and after passing-out in ‘West Bengal
State Council of Vocational Education & Training’ courses which is equivalent to H.S. Examination for 2nd year Diploma (Polytechnic) courses on lateral entry basis will be eligible to apply. Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate [excluding the marks secured in the optional elective subject, if any].
- For the Post Graduate level scholarships: At least 55% marks in Honors’ subjects at the Graduation level. Students who are enrolled in the first year class of Post Graduate Course in general education after passing the Graduation with Honours in 2013 will be eligible to apply.
Scholarship is available and the total value of each scholarship as indicated below :-
- For Scholarships at Higher Secondary level (@ Rs. 500/- p.m.)
- For the under Graduate level scholarships (@ Rs. 750/- to Rs. 1500/- p.m.)
- For scholarships at Diploma (Polytechnic) level (@ 750/- p.m.)
- For the Post Graduate level scholarships (@ Rs. 1200/- to 1400/-)
The scholarship application can be submitted before the deadline for application is 31st December, 2013. This scholarship can be applied online or offline and the details for application is available on https://mcmscholarship.wb.gov.in/pdf/ADVERTISEMENT%20-%202013-14%20-%20IN%20ENGLISH.pdf
Selection Criteria: It may be noted here that duly filled in and completed applications will only be considered for awarding Scholarships. Level-wise number of awardees will be selected considering both merit and means of the applicants from the valid applications received within the last date of receiving applications.