About Scholarship: Maulana Azad Education Foundation was established on the occasion of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s birth centenary. The Foundation was registered underneath the Societies Registration Act 1860, on 6th July, 1989. The Foundation is a voluntary non-political, non-profit marking work organization established to push education amongst the educationally backward sections of the society. it’s funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. The Hon’ble Minister of Minority Affairs is its Ex-officio President. The aim of the Foundation is to formulate and implement educational schemes and plans for the benefit of the educationally backward minorities particularly and weaker sections normally.
Scholarships Times is happy to provide information about Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme for year 2014 of Rs. 12,000/- which will be released in two installments Rs. 6,000/- each can be received to study in India and Indian students are eligible to apply.
This scholarship is being offered for students passing Xth exam and taking admission in XIth in the year when result of Xth exam is declared. Scholarship is awarded to study any subject offered by School/College.
In order to apply for this scholarship you need to fulfill the following criteria
- Only Girl Students belonging to National Minorities, (i.e. Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis) can apply
- Should have scored not less than 55% marks (in aggregate) in the secondary school certificate examination (Class Xth) conducted by any recognized Centre/State Board of Secondary Education. This is only qualifying percentage for applying and does not guarantee a grant of scholarship which is given to the top eligible applicant based on the quota fixed for the concerned state from amongst the eligible application received from the state.
- Family income of the student from all sources should be less than Rs. 1, 00,000/-(Rupees one lakh only) in the preceding financial year.
- Should have Confirmed admission in class-XI.
- The University/College/ Institute offering admission should be recognized by the Government at the Central or State level or any other competent authority.
- It is a onetime scholarship, and no claim as the permanent beneficiary will be entertained. A student once selected for scholarship can not avail the same again.
- A student getting a scholarship from any other source would not be eligible for this Scholarship.
Scholarship are available total value of each scholarship as indicated above is Rs. 12,000/- which will be released in two installments Rs. 6,000/- each.
The scholarship application can be submitted before deadline for i.e. September 30th. This scholarship can be applied online or offline and the details for application is available on http://maef.nic.in/Instructions