The Higher Education Loans Board invites applications for full or part time postgraduate partial scholarships for Kenyan students. The scholarships are available for Masters and PhD programs in local Public or Private Universities in Kenya. Priority is given to students enrolled for Science, Technology and Engineering programs. Students must have a minimum of second class upper division. Application should be submitted by August 31, 2013.
About Scholarship: The Higher Education Loans Board invites applications for the 2013/2014 Postgraduate partial Scholarships from Kenyan Students enrolled for Masters and PhD programs in local Public or Private Universities recognized by the Commission for University Education [CUE].
Study: This scholarship is awarded to pursue any one of the available courses at local Public or Private Universities in Kenya.
Course Level: Master’s and PhD programs at local Public or Private Universities in Kenya
Scholarship by: Higher Education Loans Board
Location: Kenya (Africa)
(i) Letter of Admission into a full or part time program in a local public or recognized private university.
(ii) Minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
(iii) Reporting for 1st year of study in 2013.
(iv) Preference will be given to applicants undertaking Science, Technology and engineering programs which will directly contribute to the national developmental goals aligned to the Vision 2030.
Scholarship Open for: Students of Kenya are eligible for this postgraduate scholarship.
Value: The value of the scholarship award is KES 200,000.00 and KES 450,000.00 for Masters and PhD programs respectively.
Apply: The mode of applying is by post.
1. Applicants should access, fill and print the Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form [PGSAF] from our website www.helb.co.ke;
2. Print two copies of the PGSAF;
3. Have the form properly filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and attach all the necessary documents as indicated on the checklist on the PGSAF;
4. Submit one copy of PGSAF duly filled, signed and stamped and the relevant certified copies of transcripts and certificates attached, to offices at Anniversary Towers, 18th Floor on or before the deadline of August 31, 2013;
5. Retain one copy of the duly filled PGSAF. Please ensure that you read and understand the instructions provided on the online applications before you commence the application process.
Deadline: August 31, 2013
Further Information: http://www.helb.co.ke/pgscholarshipad.html