Applications are invited for PhD position in healthcare innovation management which is funded by Swiss Paraplegic Foundation. The position is tenable at the Graduate School of Lucerne, University of Lucerne, Switzerland. In addition the PhD candidate will be jointly supervised by the Institute for Public Services at University of St. Gallen, Switzerland.
About Scholarship: Swiss Paraplegic Research (SPF) is an affiliate of the Swiss Paraplegic Foundation. The mission of SPF is University of Lucerne sustainably improving the situation of people with spinal cord injury (SCI) through clinical and interdisciplinary research on a national and international level. Specific areas of its comprehensive research include human functioning, social integration, quality of life, health services provision as well as health communication.
The successful applicant will work in a multidisciplinary environment in a research project focused on the use of online health communication for institutional innovation in the field of spinal cord injury.
The work comprises the building and management of an online community to inspire innovation in the field of spinal cord injury, the creation of processes for the transfer of innovation at the institutional level as well as of indicators for the measurement of innovation, the design and conduct of an empirical study to explore the nature and impact of the knowledge transfer from the online community in the first two years of its life.
Enrollment as PhD candidate is foreseen at the Graduate School of Lucerne, University of Lucerne, Switzerland. In addition the PhD candidate will be jointly supervised by the Institute for Public Services at University of St. Gallen, Switzerland.
Study: Healthcare Innovation Management
Course Level: PhD program at Graduate School of Lucerne, University of Lucerne, Switzerland
Scholarship By: Swiss Paraplegic Foundation
Duration: 3 years
– Supportive mentoring to advance research skills
– A job on the forefront of health communication research for people with spinal cord injury in a vivid work environment
– A full-time PhD position in a stimulating and productive working atmosphere
– Encouragement and support in the publication of scientific papers;
– Opportunities to participate in international conferences;
– Master’s degree for example in Economics, Social Sciences, Business Information Technology
– Specialization or consolidation in business innovation is an asset
– Experience in working with internet based communication and/or social media projects is an asset
– High affinity for current developments in online communication
– Interest in innovative developments within the health care or non-profit sector
– Excellent proficiency in English and German
– Independent working method as well as ability to work in a team.
Scholarship Open for: The students of Switzerland can apply
Apply: Interested applicants can send their written full application to:
Human Resource Management
Schweizer Paraplegiker-Forschung AG
6207 Nottwil, Schweiz
Deadline: 15th May, 2013