The Endeavour Postgraduate Awards provide full financial support for international students for 2 to 3.5 years to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Masters or PhD level either by coursework or research in any field of study in Australia.
The Endeavour Postgraduate Awards aim to:
• enable high achieving international students to undertake a postgraduate qualification either by coursework or research in their chosen fields of study in Australia
• strengthen bilateral ties between Australia and the participating countries
• showcase Australia’s education sector
• strengthen mutual understanding between the people of Australia and Award Holders’ home countries
• build international linkages and networks.
Host Institutions: Universities or Higher Educations Institutions in Australia. Visit the Study in Australia or Going to University websites for a list of accredited institutions that provide higher education to international students.
Study: Masters or PhD level coursework or research in any field of study in Australia. (Course starts 2014)
Americas: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela
The Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago
Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus (Republic of), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
Middle East: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
Pacific: Fiji, French Polynesia, French Guinea, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated states of), Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand* (including Cook Islands), Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China (including Hong Kong and Macau SARs), India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea (South Korea), Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam.
Cover: Total Award Value – Up to $AUD228,500 for PhD and $AUD118,500 for Masters
• Travel Allowance: $AUD4,500
• Establishment Allowance: $AUD4,000
• Monthly Stipend (up to 3.5 years, pro-rata basis): $AUD2,500 per month.
• Tuition Fees per semester (for up to 2 years for Masters and 3.5 years for a PhD): Up to $AUD12,500 per semester/trimester for Masters and PhD
• Health and travel insurance will be provided.
Eligibility: To apply for the 2014 Endeavour Postgraduate Awards, international applicants must first satisfy the eligibility requirements detailed below:
1. International applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of a participating country (see Section 4.3) and may not hold dual citizenship with Australia.
2. International applicants who currently hold a valid Australian student visa are not eligible to apply.
3. Applicants who have completed an Endeavour Award and/or AusAID Scholarship in the preceding 24 months (2 years) before the current round of the Endeavour Awards are not eligible to apply.
4. Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree (minimum) at the time of application, demonstrating high academic achievement.
5. Applicants must have applied for and gained admission to a Masters or PhD course in Australia. Conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application. Please note that you will not be funded for Masters level study leading to a PhD – you must choose one, either Masters or PhD level study.
Application instructions: Applications for the 2014 Endeavour Awards will open in early April 2013. Deadline will be around June 2013.
To be considered for an Endeavour Postgraduate Award, applicants must complete an online application and attach the supporting documentation. Applicants undertaking study for a Masters Degree or PhD must provide a confirmation of enrolment or an offer of admission letter from the host university/institution they have applied to.
Further Information: http://www.innovation.gov.au/InternationalEducation/EndeavourAwards/InformationForInternationalApplicants/Pages/EndeavourPostgraduateAwardIncludingPMsAward.aspx