Typed applications in the prescribed format are invited from Indian Nationals residing in India for the award of 2 (two) Belgium Government Scholarships, of duration of 10 months each for the academic year 2013-2014 in the following subjects fields for specialization.
b). Environmental Science; and
Applicants should have obtained a first class graduates with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in the related subject. Candidates with Ph.D. degree will not be considered, as they cannot have a student status at Flemish Universities.
b) These scholarships are only valid for higher education institutions/ programmes recognised by the Flemish Government (Education and Training Department). Information can be found at: www.studyinflanders.be and at www.highereducation.be
Applicants should be university graduates holders of a Master diploma and apply for postgraduate or Ph.D. studies. Candidates who already obtained a Ph.D. degree will not be considered for the scholarships as they cannot be enrolled as students in the Flemish higher education system.
Intending candidates must submit 2 sets of the application form (in Annex), along with the required attachments. (one original file and one copy). They should clearly indicate for which higher education institution and/or programme they apply. If they have had earlier contacts with the institution concerned, it is advisable to add the coordinates of the staff member contacted (name, e-mail address etc.) to the application file.
Candidates should be younger than 35 years of age as on 1st January, 2013.
Applicants are required to give proof of outstanding academic performance and of a very good account of the English language.
These scholarships will be granted by the Education and Training Department, on receipt of an official confirmation of enrolment from the concerned university.
List of Applicants who would be short-listed for interview will be displayed on our website. Interview letters will also be issued to the applicants who have been short-listed for interview. An applicant can come for interview if his name in the list is displayed on our website even though for some reason he is not in receipt of the interview letter.
3. Allowances: Accepted scholars will receive.
a) A monthly allowance of 840,00 EUR (including accommodation, local transport costs en purchase of books or other didactic material).
Important Information: Candidates are required to establish residence in Belgium during their studies. They are therefore required to register their residence in a Belgian municipality. For the payment of the monthly allowances and the reimbursement of the Belgian medical expenses they must open and account in BELGIUM (after their arrival). A Permanent address abroad and use of a foreign account is not allowed.
a) (Partial) reimbursement of the tuition fee, limited to a maximum amount will be readjusted annually [e.g.: for the current 2012-2013 academic year: up to maximum of 596,30 EUR; the amount for the 2013-2014 academic year is not yet known].
b) If an applicant applies for a more expensive programme she/he has to cover the difference by herself/himself.
c) An extensive health and third party liability insurance in accordance with Belgian legislation. These insurance are only valid in Belgium. Therefore, we strongly advise the candidates NOT TO CANCEL their home country. Otherwise they risk to be in a difficult situation where they have to pay themselves the costs in case of accident or illness during a visit outside of Belgium (e.g.: if they leave Belgium to take part at a seminar/conference in the framework of their study programme, or if they take holidays to a third country or to India).
Traveling expenses from India to Belgium and back will be borne either by the candidate or by his/her employers/sponsors.
Deadline: Application alongwith the following documents must reach Application can also be downloaded from the Department’s website http://mhrd.gov.in on line applications will be accepted provided hard copy of the application alongwith enclosures (attested copies of certificates, marks-sheet etc.) reach the Ministry within 3 days of the closing date.
Applications on plain paper (as per format given below) alongwith attested copies of all certificates/degrees/diplomas and mark sheet of qualifying degree should reach at to the Section Officer, ES.5 Section, External Scholarship Division, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, West Block-I, 2nd Floor, Wing-6, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110 066 latest by 15th March, 2013 (5.30 PM). Application received thereafter will not be considered. Application can also be submitted “online” using the Department’s website http://mhrd.gov.in or www.sakshat.ac.in. In case of on line applications, hard copy of the applications in the prescribed format alongwith required documents should be submitted by 18.03.2013 otherwise online applications will not be entertained.
Note: Applications from Indian candidates must be submitted to the Flemish Government (Education and Training Department) also at the latest on 10 April 2013.
i) Attested Photostat copies of all educational degrees/certificate starting from Matriculation/Higher Secondary.
ii) Attested Photostat copy of the ‘No Objection Certificate’ obtained from the employer.
iii) A certificate of fluency in English or other European Language.
iv) An extensive curriculum vitae.
v) A comprehensive motivation of the applicant for the scholarship.
vi) A comprehensive work scheme.
vii) A recent passport size photograph of the candidate to be affixed on the prescribed application form.
viii) Letters of recommendations from two referees preferably from Professors who have taught him/her.
- Applications received after last date will not be entertained.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The selected candidates will avail of the scholarships in all cases. Therefore, an undertaking that he/she will not refuse the offer should be sent in duplicate along with the application.
- In case of candidates qualifying from Universities/Institution which do not give class or division, requirements in lieu of first class will be 60% marks, where grades are awarded, the candidates are required to furnish exact percentage of marks and indicate the conversion formula.
- Applications of candidates who reside abroad will not be entertained.
- Candidates who have already been abroad for study/specialization/training either on scholarship or on their own for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years as on 15th March, 2013 (5.30 PM) after their return abroad.
- Candidates who are employed must apply through their employers. No Objection Certificate from the employer must be produced on or before the time of interview failing which they will not be allowed for interview.
- The candidates should have sufficient knowledge of the geographical situation and cultural heritage of India and Belgium.
- Final Selection rests with the Belgium Government.
- The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final. No representation will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidate can apply for only one subject.
- Candidates who do not possess the requisite qualifications need not apply.
No canvassing in any form will be entertained.