Brunel University London offers 30 Brunel International Scholarship which will comprise of a 15% discount off the cost of tuition fees. These awards are open to Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research students who are classed as overseas for fee purposes. The International students can apply for this scholarship. Scholarships are awarded for entry in the academic year 2013/14 only and scholarship awards cannot be deferred to later years of entry.
About Scholarship: The Brunel International Scholarship Programme is an annual award run by the Brunel International office that is open to all international students. Its goal is to provide financial support to exceptional students. Scholarship holders will go on to represent Brunel as ambassadors throughout their time at the University.
Study: The scholarship is provided to learn any of the course offered by the university.
Course Level: Undergraduate, postgraduate and research prgramme at Brunel University London
Scholarship By: Brunel University London
Eligibility: 1. Applications for a Brunel International scholarship are invited from students starting a new programme of study in the academic year 2013/14 who meet the following criteria:
2. Are not a current Brunel student on a full time or part time undergraduate or postgraduate programme, with the exception of students on the English@Brunel, Pre-sessional English and Intensive Foundation or Premasters courses through the IPLC (International Pathways and Language Centre).
3. Have an offer to study on an undergraduate or taught postgraduate taught programme of study starting in September 2013 or a postgraduate research programme of study starting in the academic year 2013/14.
4. Has been assessed as an international student for fees purposes; Agree to engage in a wide range of publicity and promotional activities, plus a formal event during the academic year. Please note that this is a key requirement of the award and by accepting the award you will be entering into an agreement to undertake these activities. (see Section 3 below) Failure to comply with this agreement may lead to withdrawal of the award ;
5. Have not been in receipt of a Brunel International Scholarship previously, either as part of current or earlier studies. 1.2 Scholarships are awarded for entry in the academic year 2013/14 only and cannot be deferred to later years of entry. Course applicants who intend to defer their studies must re-apply for a scholarship in the year they will begin their studies.
Scholarship Open for: The International students can apply
Number of awards offered: 30
Duration: Scholarships are awarded for entry in the academic year 2013/14 only and cannot be deferred to later years of entry. Course applicants who intend to defer their studies must re-apply for a scholarship in the year they will begin their studies.
-A 15% discount on the tuition fees for the academic year 2013/14. This discount is a single contribution and will not be continued in subsequent years and is not applicable to any additional fees such as resubmission or module resit fees. No cash alternative will be offered.
– The scholarship does not replace the deposit of £3000. All scholarship awardees will need to pay the £3000 deposit for their course in order to receive an unconditional offer and a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS).
– Scholarship awardees will be responsible for paying the remainder of their tuition fees after the scholarship contribution is deducted from the total fees.
– Scholarship awards will not be credited towards tuition fees until the applicant has fully registered at Brunel University. This includes having qualifications and other documentation verified and checked and holding the correct visa to study.
– Scholarship awardees who have already paid the full course fees will receive a refund once they have met all conditions of their offer and registered as a student at Brunel University.
– Those awarded a Brunel International Scholarship may be eligible for the 2% prompt payment discount. This will be deducted from the tuition fees remaining after the scholarship discount has been applied.
Notification: 19th July: Applicants offered a scholarship must notify Brunel that they would like to accept the award by this date. If they do not the award may be offered to someone on the reserve list.
-Applications can be made from March 2013 and should be made electronically via the Brunel International website. If you wish to apply for a scholarship you must apply for a course at Brunel first – we recommend your course application reaches the Admissions Office no later than the 8th April 2013.
-This is so we have enough time to assess your application and issue you with an applicant number in time for you to make a scholarship application.
-When answering the questions reference can be made to activities, achievements and personal qualities which are considered particularly relevant to your application. -Additional space is provided on the application form for uploading one relevant supporting document.
-Your responses along with your course application and grades, will be the main focus of the Award Panel’s deliberations and should therefore be written carefully and spell-checked.
-Make sure that your application is complete before you submit it.
-We will not accept incomplete applications and you cannot provide additional information once your application is submitted. You may only apply once.
Deadline: 28th May 2013
Further Information: http://www.brunel.ac.uk/courses/ug/fees/scholarships