About Scholarship: It aims to supply a chance for qualified citizens of the ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and different development-related fields at taking part tutorial establishments within the Asian and Pacific Region. Upon completion of their study programs, students are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
A selection process will take place after the application closing date and all applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of the outcome by the end of November 2013.
Scholarships Times is happy to provide information about ADB-Japan Scholarship Programme for Students of Developing Countries for year 2014 of Tuition fee and other cost to students each which can be received to study in Japan and students from Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, People’s Republic of Cook Islands, Fiji, Georgia, India, Indonesia ,Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Federated States of Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste (Special Office), Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam are eligible to apply.
This scholarship is being offered Post Graduate level program in economics, management, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, science and technology at 27 participating academic institutions. The maximum duration of scholarship award is two years for master’s and doctorate programs.
In order to apply for this scholarship you need to fulfill the following criteria:-
- A national of an ADB borrowing member
- Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old
- In good health
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship
- Staff of academic institutions are not eligible for the Scholarship
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs
Send applications for scholarships at least six months prior to the planned time. This scholarship can be applied online or offline and the details for application is available on http://www.adb.org/site/careers/japan-scholarship-program/main
- Qualifications of the candidate.
- Priority to the ranking, or order of merit, proposed by the DIs.
- Applicants with less than two years of work experience will not be selected.
- Preference to women candidates.
- Preference to applicants with lesser financial capacity