Tullow Group and British Council offers Scholarship Scheme for pursuing postgraduate education at Universities in UK, Ireland and France (Europe). Scholarships are provided in the field of Archaeology, Business Journalism, Engineering and technology, Environment and Geo sciences, Law and legal courses, Logistics and Supply Chain, Oil and Gas Economics and other applied sciences apart from medicine.
About Scholarship: The Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme aims to build capacity in areas where Tullow’s host countries experience significant skills gaps, especially, but not exclusively, around their oil and gas industries. The Scheme is aligned with Tullow’s aim of supporting long-term socio-economic development in countries where it operates.
Scholarships are available to those who are committed to making a contribution to their own country’s development. The Scheme gives candidates a chance to receive a high standard of education from internationally recognised institutions, which can then be applied in the scholar’s home country. The Scheme is managed by the British Council, which has a great deal of experience in running similar programmes.
Study: A wide range of courses will be covered, including Archaeology, Business Journalism, Engineering and technology, Environment and Geosciences, Law and legal courses, Logistics and Supply Chain, Oil and Gas Economics and other applied sciences apart from medicine.
Course Level: Postgraduate degree
Scholarship By: Tullow Group and British Council
Location: UK, Ireland and France (Europe)
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen and legally resident in participating country;
- Have a minimum of a bachelor degree or Licence (second class lower or better) or an HND (second class upper or better);
- Be resident in participating country at the time of application;
- Have work experience with a track record of success in their field of endeavour
- Have not previously studied abroad or received an international scholarship
- Have a strong personality as well as ambition, entrepreneurial and creative spirit and leadership skills;
- Demonstrate commitment to return to their country and to make a contribution to its future development; and
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in management, strategy and ability to train and develop others
Scholarship Open for: The students of Congo Brazzaville, Cote D’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritania, Suriname, Uganda and Uruguay can apply for this scholarship.
Value: The scholarship will cover:
-full tuition fees;
-a monthly stipend;
-warm clothing; and
-The cost of the package per scholar is in the region of $60,000 per annum and the total cost of the Scheme in 2012 was in excess of $6m.
Notification: The scholarship process will take approximately 6 months. The applicant will be sent an initial email acknowledging the application and a further email, within 6 weeks, with information regarding the application.
Deadline: 13th February 2013
Further Information: http://tullowgroupscholarshipscheme.org/