Sitaram Jindal Foundation (SJF) offers Scholarships for BPL and ITI Students for Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Program in India
About Scholarship: The Sitaram Jindal Foundation (SJF), formerly known as SJ Jindal Trust, established in 1969 is a charitable organization with the humanitarian objective of serving the poor and downtrodden in various fields.
True to the inspiring ideals and values of its founder Dr. Sitaram Jindal, the Foundation has been promoting and providing basic needs of the people across various sections of the society in different fields including education, healthcare and rural development without discrimination of caste and creed.
The foundation has setup several schools, colleges, hospitals and constructed many pathshalas (rural schools) apart from initiating and running many welfare schemes and vocational courses for the benefit of the poor and deprived. Besides awarding scholarships to more than 12000 students each year, the Foundation has been extending financial support to more than 500 charitable institutions annually to sustain their activities for over 42 years now.
Study: Courses offered by the university
Course Level: Diploma undergraduate and postgraduate degree
Scholarship By: Sitaram Jindal Foundation
Category ‘A’: BPL Students
- Girl students belonging to BPL families studying in class IX to XII in a Govt. and Govt. Aided Schools.
- Boy and Girl Students belonging to BPL families studying in Graduation and Post Graduation Courses as mentioned below in Category ‘C’.
Category ‘B’: ITI Students
- Students studying in Govt. and Private ITIs in courses / trades as per Annexure-III Courses of duration, one year or two year shall only be eligible. Minimum percentage of marks in previous examination should be 50%. Further, students staying in hostel shall be paid extra in addition to scholarship.
Category ‘C’: General Students
- Students who have secured 70% or above in the case of girls and 75% or above in the case of boys in their last / qualifying examination including X & XII in respect of students from Karnataka and West Bengal. However, for students other than Karnataka and West Bengal the percentage of marks is minimum 60% in respect of girls and minimum 70% in respect of boys.
- Students whose entire family income from all sources is less than Rs.2.00 lacs p.a. shall be eligible.
- Scholarship shall be discontinued after the student crosses the age of 30.
- Only those who study in reputed colleges on regular basis, affiliated to university of repute – UGC are eligible
Scholarship Open for: The Students of India can apply
Duration: All scholarships will be given in installments covering a period of six months at a time, irrespective of the amount involved. For courses of just 9 months duration, the scholarship shall be given in a single consolidated installment.
Apply: By post
Deadline: Open throughout the year
Further Information: http://www.sitaramjindalfoundation.org./scholarships.php