Commonwealth Scholarship Commission invites application for Commonwealth Academic Fellowships 2013 for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. The main purpose of Commonwealth Academic Fellowships is to enhance the careers of recipients through the development of new skills and contacts, or through networking and updating knowledge and skills.
* Approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Fellowship (the cost of journeys made before final award confirm ation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Fellow’s dependants)
* A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £1,467 per month (£1,819 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
* A grant towards the expenses of preparing reports and other written work
* An initial arrival allowance, incorporating an initial clothing grant for Fellows from tropical countries
* A grant for expenses for approved travel within the United Kingdom or overseas.
To apply for a Commonwealth Academic Fellowship, candidates should:
* Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
* Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
* Be available to commence their Fellowship in the United Kingdom on 1 September 2013. Any other start date will only be permitted in exceptional circumstances
* Have been employed for at least five years as an academic staff member of a university in a developing Commonwealth country
* Be in the employment of the nominating university
* Hold a doctorate
Apply: Click here for application procedure: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/prospectus-academic-fellowships-2013.pdf
Deadline: December 7, 2012
Further Information: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/academic-fellowships/