2013 Anne McLaren Fellowships for Research Female Student in the field of Science, Geography, Engineering and Medicine at University of Nottingham in UK, China and Malaysia
About Scholarship: Applications are invited for The University of Nottingham Anne McLaren Fellowships, which are targeted at
exceptional female scientists and engineers who are typically under-represented in these subjects, and wish to establish a research career in the UK. The Fellowships are offered in a range of academic units at the University of Nottingham and provide a recognised first step into an independent research career. The Fellowships funded by the University of Nottingham’s Research Board and will commence in October 2013.
Study Subjects: Science, Engineering, Geography and Medicine
Course Level: Research
Scholarship By: University of Nottingham
Location: UK, China and Malaysia
Duration: Three years years
Cover: Total offer is of £27,428 to £44,016 depending on experience.The opportunity to apply for additional funding for research costs, up to £25,000per annum. Additional childcare costs of up to £5,000 per annum where appropriate
- Candidates must have submitted a PhD (viva does not need to have taken place) and have had no more than four years full-time postdoctoral experience by 1 October 2012.
- Career breaks such as maternity leave, EU national service and Voluntary Service Overseas can be discounted but teaching experience and/or time spent in industry since the award of a PhD should be included in the total amount of postdoctoral experience.
- Part-time appointments would be considered on a pro-rata basis.
- Individuals who have been promised or already have a permanent position are considered to have achieved the aims of the scheme already and will not be eligible.
- The scheme is designed to offer support and flexibility.
Selection Criteria: Applicants will be required to demonstrate how their work will complement and enhance research excellence at the University of Nottingham.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes
Number of awards: Each of the participating Faculties will select up to 5 candidates.
Other Benefits: The opportunity to spend periods of time at other University of Nottingham Campuses.Participation in a mentoring scheme and career development programme.
Notification: 7 November 2012 and 3 March 2013
Apply: By email
Deadline: 7 November 2012
Further Information: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/research/documents/amfschemedetails.pdf