Open Society Foundation offers Strengthening Civil Society International Grant in the field of Arts and Culture in USA 2013
About Scholarship: The aim of this call for proposals is to strengthen alternative and autonomous cultural infrastructures and innovative arts initiatives, to raise professional standards in the art world in the Arts and Culture Program’s regions of activity, and to promote reform in the arena of cultural policy.
Study Subjects: Arts and Culture
Course Level: Research
Scholarship By: Open Society Foundation
- Projects that address one or more of the following priorities of the Arts and Culture Program will be considered to bring added value.
- Capacity building: Strengthening the capacity of individuals and organizations to implement and sustain good practices and effective ways of working.
- Collaboration: Building alliances and networks with other projects and organizations to encourage knowledge sharing within the country of operation and beyond.
- Diversity: Promoting greater equality and access to cultural goods and activities for the most marginalized beneficiaries.
- Public Engagement with Critical Social Issues: Using the power of arts and culture to promote discussion, debate, and critical reflection on social issues of importance to target communities and beneficiaries.
Selection Criteria: Relevance of the project to the aim and priorities of the Call. Quality of the project, accuracy of project budget, availability of sponsors, in-kind contribution, References and supporting letters.
Scholarship Open for International Students: The Scholarship is open to applicants from and activities in one or more of the following countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkey, and Uzbekistan. Ex-patriots of the abovementioned countries who are willing to return temporarily to their country of origin and share their expertise with local organizations or individuals may also apply.
Cover: Most ACP grants range between $1,000 and $30,000 USD.
Notifications: Applicants will receive a final notification within 3 months of the time that an application has been submitted.
Deadline: December 31, 2012
Further Information: http://scholarship-positions.com/open-society-arts-and-culture-grants-in-usa-2013/2012/10/10/