HKSAR Government offers Scholarships for National and International Undergraduate Students at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong 2012/13
About Scholarship: The HKSAR Government and PolyU have set up two separate scholarship funds to recognise the achievements of outstanding local and non-local students pursuing full-time government-funded degree programmes in PolyU.
Value of Scholarship: For HKSAR Government Scholarship, around 50 scholarships will be available. The value of each award for the local and non-local students is $40,000 and $80,000 respectively.For The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Scholarship, around 25 scholarships will be available and the value of each scholarship is $40,000.
Study Subjects: Courses offered by the university
Course Level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Provider: Government of Hong Kong
Scholarship can be taken at: Hong Kong
-All students who admitted into PolyU in or before the academic year 2011/12 and are pursuing a full-time government-funded undergraduate degree programme in 2012/13.
– Current self-financed students on full-time double undergraduate degree programme will also be eligible for “The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Scholarship”.
- The awardees should have academic excellence (with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.7 by the end of 2011/12 academic year).
-Attained a minimum of 24 credits (including the transferred credits) in the academic year 2011/12.
-Achievement/ involvement in extra-curricular activities and/or community services, demonstrated leadership and good communication skills in the past two academic years .
- By the deadline of application, the applicants should not be holding entry scholarship(s) or other scholarship(s) [excluding scholarship for exchange/overseas studies] in the academic year 2012/13 with an individual value equal to or above the tuition fee level of the applicants in 2012/13.
- The awardees should maintain a full-time registered student status in Semester One and Two in the academic year 2012/13 in PolyU.
- The awardees are required to be free of disciplinary record(s) in PolyU during the undergraduate studies at PolyU. Otherwise, PolyU reserves the right to withdraw the Scholarship awarded to the awardees.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes
Apply: By Post
Deadline: 5 October 2012
Further Information: http://www.polyu.edu.hk/sao/services/fasch/HKSAR_Govt_Scholarship_&_PolyU_Scholarship_Notice_12-13_(Degree).pdf