Parliament offers several options for traineeships within its Secretariat, to provide opportunities for vocational training and for learning more about what the European Parliament is and does.
Paid traineeships are awarded solely to graduates of universities or equivalent institutions. Their purpose is to enable trainees to supplement the knowledge which they acquired during their studies and to familiarise themselves with the activities of the European Union and, in particular, the European Parliament.
Applicants for a paid translation traineeship must:
- Be nationals of a Member State of the European Union or of a candidate country (Croatia, Iceland, Macedonia, Montenegro or Turkey);
- Be aged 18 or over on the traineeship starting date;
- Not have been awarded any other paid traineeship, or have been in paid employment for more than four consecutive weeks, with a European institution or a Member or political group of the European Parliament;
- have obtained, before the deadline for the submission of applications, a university degree after a course of study of at least three years’ duration
- Have perfect knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union or of the official language of an applicant country and thorough knowledge of two other official languages of the European Union.
Paid translation traineeships are awarded for a period of three months. On an exceptional basis, they may be extended for a maximum period of three months.
Application Deadline: 15 June – 15 August (midnight)
Traineeship period starting from 1st of January 2013
We advise you not to wait until the last day to apply, to prevent the system from becoming overloaded because there are a large number of applications.
Remuneration: Translation traineeships are assigned to Luxembourg. For guidance, in 2011 the scholarship amounted to EUR 1 213.55 a month.
If you are pre-selected:
Please note the conditions for admission. If you are preselected, the following will be requested as supporting documents:
- The application form, duly completed and signed,
- A copy of your passport or identity card,
- Copies of your diplomas and certificates, and
- A copy of your university marks (results), if you have them.
It is not necessary to send these supporting documents at this stage. The documents will only be requested if you pass the pre-selection stage. If you are preselected for a traineeship, your application will be deemed valid only if you provide the full set of documents mentioned above.
If you fulfill the conditions for admission, please complete the online application form.
Please note that if you leave your application form inactive for 30 minutes, the data you have entered will be lost. We therefore advise you to read carefully the Internal Rules Governing Translation Traineeships before filling in the application form.
The application cannot be changed online and is completed and submitted in a single operation. A printed copy of the sample form is available to help you prepare your application before you submit it online.
Further Information: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/aboutparliament/en/007cecd1cc/Traineeships.html