Scholarships for MA and PhD Students in the field of Development Studies, Public Administration at the Development Research Division of the South African-German Centre for Development Research and Criminal Justice
Study Subjects: Development Studies, Public Administration
Course Level: MA and PhD
Scholarship Provider: DRD, University of the Western Cape
Scholarship can be taken at: South Africa
* Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
* Applicants should have achieved a first or upper second class for their previous course of study
* The study must have been completed at an accredited University
* The previous degree should have been an academic discipline which is related to developement, such as economics, sociology, social anthropology, agriculture, statistics, etc.
* South African students are required to have an honours degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course
* Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
* Applicants should preferably have been involved in development organisations, as interns, volunteers or employees
* There is no formal age restriction, but applicants should apply within three years of completing their previous degree, unless they have a good reason for having been academically inactive for a period
* Women are encouraged to apply
* Applicants must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.
Scholarship Description: Full scholarships for MA and PhD Students at the Development Research Division of the South African-German Centre for Development Research and Criminal Justice For applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record the DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year. Scholarships are available for full-time students of the MA and M Econ in Development Studies, the Master in Public Administration, the different PhD options at the centre (PhD UWC, PhD IDS) Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates. More information about requirements for application and application procedure is provided below.
How to Apply: By post and email
Scholarship Application Deadline: 31 July 2012
Further Scholarship Information and Application: http://www.drd-sa.org/scholarships-in-development-studies.html