Education Related Travel Grants
Overview: The Sir Dorabji Tata Trust accepts applications for travel grants from candidates who are travelling abroad to undergo advanced training in specialised areas and participate in workshops. Students pursuing postgraduate studies abroad in the field of natural sciences and humanities may also apply.
Application Procedure: The candidate is required to submit a detailed application along with the following documents:
1. Curriculum Vitae, duly signed in the original
2. An attested copy of the Letter of Invitation/Offer which is duly signed by the organisers/institution
3. Attested copy of the letter stating the aid/concession given by the organisers/institution
4. A statement of the purpose of travel
5. The estimated cost of travel, including details of airfare, visa charges, insurance, lodging and boarding, etc.
6. One page ‘Statement of Purpose’ duly signed in original
7. A recommendation letter from the head of the organisation/institution where the candidate is presently working/studying
8. Details of the assistance applied for and received from other organisations
9. Proof of admission for those proceeding for postgraduate studies abroad
* Applications for travel grants for the purpose of studies abroad should reach the Trusts’ office between the months of April and July for Fall admissions and between November and December for Spring admissions.
* Applications for other categories of travel grant support may be submitted throughout the year.
* Applications for the categories excluding postgraduate studies abroad, should reach the Trusts’ office at least two months prior to the date of departure. Grants will be released only if all the necessary documents are submitted prior to the date of departure.
Contact: Kindly submit the application along with all enclosures to the below-mentioned address:
Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, Mulla House, 3rd Floor, 51, M.G. Road, Fort, Mumbai#400 001
Further Information: http://www.dorabjitatatrust.org/id/71/Education-related%20Travel%20Grants/