Postdoctoral Fellowships in Renewable Energy, Climate Change, Public Health, Food security, Information Security for Indian Students at University/Scientific/Technological/ Research Institution, USA 2012
Study Subjects: Energy, especially renewable energy, Environment, especially climate change, Health, especially public health, Food security, Information security
Course Level: Postdoctoral Fellowships
Scholarship Provider: University Grants Commission (UGC)
Scholarship can be taken at: USA
• The applicant should be a permanent teacher in a university/institution recognized by UGC under 2(f) and 12B of UGC Act.
• The applicant should possess at least 60 per cent marks or equivalent in the post-graduate degree.
• The applicant should possess a Ph.D. degree in respective academic discipline (Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Science, Engineering, Technology, and Agricultural Sciences) or MD/MS/Ph.D. in Medical Sciences.
• The Applicant must provide proof of having carried out independent research work published in peer reviewed journals preferably indexed.
• The applicant should be of age up to 40 years as on 31 December 2012.
• The reservation will be available in accordance with the national norms.
Scholarship Description: The University Grants Commission invites applications for 300 Post Doctoral Fellowships for Indian Scholars in United States for the year 2012 under Singh-Obama 21st Century Knowledge Initiative 2012. The applicant should be a permanent teacher within 40 years of age as on Dec. 31, 2012, in an institution recognized under 2(f) and 12B of UGC Act and should possess a Ph.D. Degree in the respective field.
These awards will provide an excellent opportunity to young Indian researchers (permanent faculty), under the age of 40 years to interact with the American academic/scientific community and get first hand information of the developments taking place at the international level and acquaint themselves with new academic and scientific research methods and to participate in collaborative research projects.
It will enable young Indian researchers to carry out a clearly defined research project and/or acquire newly emerging research techniques and technologies at a place of their choice in USA for a period of up to 12 months. This fellowship would be called a Post Doctoral Fellowship under Singh-Obama 21st Century Knowledge Initiative 2012.
Future applicants should tailor their current degree programs towards meeting the requirements for this fellowship. An example of an acceptable degree chain would be a BS in Information Technology, an Information Security Masters degree and then a Doctorate in Technology. After obtaining these, or other acceptable degrees, along with meeting all the other requirements, applicants should find themselves well prepared and in good standing for receiving the fellowship and fulfilling the duties required therein.
Deadline: 11 July, 2012
Further Scholarship Information and Application: http://www.ugc.ac.in/more/sing_obamaaddvertise100512.pdf