The University of Guam has released the following list of scholarships and oopportunities available at the University.
Apply for the NAPIRE summer course in Costa Rica!
Spend the summer doing research in Costa Rica. Visit the NAPIRE web site at www.ots.ac.cr for application forms and details. The deadline for applications is Feb. 28. University of Guam biology professor Frank Camacho will be one of the faculty mentors in Costa Rica this summer. Interested students can contact Ross Miller at 735-2141 or Frank Camacho at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pacific Undergraduate Research Experience in Mathematics Program
Deadline to apply: Feb. 29, 2012
The PURE Math program is a mathematics summer enrichment and research mentoring program for undergraduates consisting two internship components including intensive mathematics seminars and study of an advanced mathematical topic, where students begin making the transition to open-ended mathematical research, culminating in group research projects directed by a renowned research mathematician. For more information visit www2.hawaii.edu or email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Last year UOG students Akashi Rouse and Yan Dai were selected to attend.
American Association of University Women (AAUW)-Guam Branch Scholarship Program
1. Applicant must be a full-time student currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelors Degree at the University of Guam (UOG).
2. Applicant has successfully completed a minimum of two (2) semesters at UOG.
3. Applicant must have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
4. Applicant must provide an official transcript to demonstrate current GPA.
5. Applicant must submit letters of recommendation from two (2) UOG professors.
6. Applicant must submit a one-page (typed) essay on any of the following topics:
a. Cultural influences on gainful employment for women.
b. The employment of women in traditional male-dominated careers.
c. A current issue related to the AAUW Mission Statement.
d. Barriers women in Guam encounter in reaching top positions.
One $500.00 scholarship per academic year will be awarded to the top applicants. Selected applicant must show proof of UOG registration for Fall Semester 2012 to AAUW before payment is made to the selected UOG student(s).APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application requirements must be submitted to the UOG Financial Aid Office no later than February 29, 2012.CONTACT OFFICE: University of Guam Financial Aid Office (671) 735-2281.